With another birthday having passed us by we sat down to celebrate André’s extra year around the sun to watch one of his favorite films: Inglourious Basterds.
Also heads up but we talk openly about gun violence, nazis and the impact of both.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- Taking a firm no nazis stance at munch
- André dives into why he loves Tarantino so much, and what makes him and auteur director
- Leanna examines what she dislikes about his films or her hesitancy around it
- Ben talks through his frustrations around Tarantino’s films and the terminology he uses
- We share each of our reactions to the Hitler’s eventual death
- Each chapter and our thoughts to those chapters
- We examine the the tension of the the final theater scene and our reactions to it and the seriousness of it
- Which brings us to conversations about gun violence and how we feel when that is shown on screen
- How cultural conversations and events have impacted our viewing experience of Inglourious Basterds
- We hear everyone’s thoughts on the film
- We close out with some thoughts on movies each of us has watched recently
(Recorded on March 18, 2018)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com