This week, we sit down with the tense, powerful and prescient film: Children of Men. Listen with us as we try to step through our thoughts and feelings about a film that is not easy to watch but a powerful experience regardless. As always we don’t shy away from spoilers and lay it all out on the table.
For a more detailed episode description we talked about:
- The concept we went with for the food for this film
- How the imagery and references in the film felt a little heavy handed
- Whether or not the acting roles of Clive Owen and Julianne Moore worked for us
- Dreads on white people
- The highs and lows of Children of Men, who liked it and who didn’t
- The allusions to the story of Mary and Jesus
- How impressive the film was in evoking tension
- The seemingly constant presence of animals in the film
- We close out on some snippets of forum threads from our deep-dive into mommy blogger culture.
(Recorded on February 24, 2018)
Join us on an “every other week” schedule, as we talk through a variety of films, the humor we find in them, and the food we make for them.
And read our posts at getmunchedup.com